Registered HIPAA Associate TM
This course is recommended for Business Associates.
- Overview of the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules
- A general overview of the HITECH Act as it pertains to these rules.
- HHS Omnibus Rule Ready. (Each section that has been impacted by the Omnibus Rule is flagged according to the convention adopted in this document.)
Upon completion of this course you should understand why HIPAA requirements will cause significant changes in policies, procedures and processes within an organization and in the handling of patient records. This course is recommended for all Business Associates and any person who may come in contact with Protected Health Information.
Registered HIPAA Professional TM
This course is recommended for Providers and Healthcare Management.
- Everything from the Registered HIPAA Associate TM course, PLUS
- Overview of the HIPAA legislation and its impact on patients, providers and payment services.
- Understand changes that impact patient and medical records.
- Examine requirements for privacy of patient and payment information.
Upon completion of this course you should know what resources to access to obtain information and to follow the regulatory process. You will be able to effectively participate in a HIPAA program at your organization and validate your employees’ HIPAA skills and knowledge as an end user. This course is recommended for all healthcare providers and healthcare management professionals.
Registered HIPAA Specialist TM
This course is recommended for Providers or persons developing an organizations compliance program or similar.
- Everything from the Registered HIPAA Professional TM course, PLUS
- Understand how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs.
- Analyze document templates to get started with privacy compliance requirements.
- Examine key steps such as Gap Analysis and Remediation to initiate Privacy Rule-related projects and activities.
This program is designed to enable professionals to understand, prioritize and ultimately assist organizations to achieve compliance with information security-based regulations.